Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jackson likely out Monday vs. Rider

LOUDONVILLE - Siena fans have seen this before.

Clarence Jackson strolled into the ARC on Saturday, during the women's basketball game, with crutches.

The senior guard hurt his left ankle in Friday night's loss at Saint Peter's.

The team bus didn't arrive home until 2:30 a.m., and Jackson got treatment on the ankle early Saturday morning.

"It's not as swollen as I thought it would be," he said from his seat on the bleachers. "It's still really painful to put pressure on it."

Jackson said "it's not looking good" for Monday's game against Rider.

“It’s always scary when I roll my ankles because I’ve had so much history with it,” Jackson said.

The left ankle is the one that kept him out of last season's NCAA Tournament game against Purdue and the foot that he broke a bone in during the offseason.

The right ankle is the one that kept him out for six games, after he sustained a high ankle sprain.

“Now, it’s both of them,” he said.

Jackson was running back on defense, when he injured the ankle against the Peacocks.

“I felt myself not being able to catch my balance,” he said. “Once I tried to really gather myself, it was too late.”

The injury doesn't appear to be very significant, but it does set Jackson back. He had only played two games since returning from the earlier injury.

“When I’m out there playing and I’m going hard, sometimes I can’t control it,” he said.

Jackson said the ankles have a tendency to roll out, something that now even happens when he's running in a straight line, not cutting.

The Saints were 2-4 without Jackson, during his first hiatus for an ankle injury this season, beating both Georgia Tech and Iona.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home