Tuesday, September 6, 2011

FCS Top 25 - Sept. 5

The first week is in the books.

Here is the new poll as voted on by the The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Top 25 voters (which are listed below the poll on the link).

I was out at the Colgate/UAlbany game on Saturday and it was really a good matchup. I think both teams showed a lot of promise. I moved the Raiders into my Top 25 because of the victory, which I likely would have done for the Great Danes had they won.

UAlbany is still receiving votes - down to only 3 though- after the overtime loss to Colgate and while I voted for the Raiders on my ballot, at No. 24, they are still outside of the Top 25 in the poll.

This was a difficult week because many of the team played "up" to a FBS team and lost. The big winner was Sacramento State, which I moved all the way up to No. 7, after its victory over Pac-12 member Oregon State.

Below is my poll. The number in (x) is only listed if there's a difference between my ballot and the poll.

1. Eastern Washington
2. William & Mary (5)
3. Georgia Southern (2)
4. Appalachian State (3)
5. Montana State (6)
6. Northern Iowa (4)
7. Sacramento State (12)
8. Delaware
9. Wofford (7)
10. Jacksonville State
11. New Hampshire (13)
12. Lehigh (14)
13. Stephen F. Austin (16)
14. Montana (15)
15. Richmond (9)
16. North Dakota State (11)
17. Chattanooga (23)
18. Southern Illinois (17)
19. Central Arkansas (18)
20. South Carolina State (NR)
21. James Madison (19)
22. Liberty (24)
23. Penn (NR)
24. Colgate (NR)
25. Central Connecticut State (NR)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home