Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rossiter focused on winning, not POY talk

LOUDONVILLE - Before Wednesday's practice at the ARC, Ryan Rossiter was asked about the possibility to be named Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Player of the Year.

“I don’t really care,” he said. “My main goal is a championship. That’s all I’m focused on. It’d be great if I went down there (Bridgeport, Conn.) tomorrow and I won it, but that doesn’t change my mindset or how I think when I’m entering the tournament.”

He would be the fifth Siena player to win the award and the third consecutive Saints player, following Kenny Hasbrouck (2009-09) and Alex Franklin (2009-10). The other two are Doremus Bennerman (1993-94) and Marc Brown (1990-91).

Rossiter said it would be great to follow his former teammates and friends, Hasbrouck and Franklin.

“That’d be great company to have,” he said. “Kenny and Alex were tremendous players and two of my good friends, so following stride with them would be really important to me. If it happens, it happens. If not, so be it.”

The three-time defending champions begin their MAAC tournament play, Friday night, at 9:30 p.m., against No. 10 Manhattan.

The Saints have tried to remain positive, but now it's one loss and the season is over.

“We’re aware of that,” Rossiter said. “We’re just trying to take it one game at a time.”

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home