Monday, February 28, 2011

The Record's All-MAAC team

In just a few hours, we'll find out who lands where on the all-conference teams.

Below, I'll select my all-conference teams.

This isn't my projection of how the vote will go, rather how I would vote if there was a media poll.

First Team
Ryan Rossiter, Siena
Michael Glover, Iona
Scott Machado, Iona
Justin Robinson, Rider
Derek Needham, Fairfield

Second Team
Anthony Nelson, Niagara
Ryan Bacon, Saint Peter's
Wesley Jenkins, Saint Peter's
Novar Gadson, Rider
Ryan Olander, Fairfield

Third Team
Clarence Jackson, Siena
Nick Leon, Saint Peter's
Brian Rudolph, Loyola
Gaby Belardo, Canisus
George Beamon, Manhattan

All-Rookie
Rakeem Brookins, Siena
Marvin Jordan, Niagara
Justin Drummond, Loyola
Danny Stewart, Rider
Sean Armand, Iona
Maurice Barrow, Fairfield

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

My picks for AE...

1st Team:
Holland - POY
Ambrose
Conley
De La Rosa
Partin

2nd Team:
Aronhalt
Barnies
Fjeld
McLemore
Zeglinski

3rd Team:
Black
Dougher
Jabbi
Sabia
Wright

Rookie Team:
Voelkel - ROY
Devlin
Irving
Morris
Plummer

Defensive Team:
Fjeld - DPOY
Burton
Hazel
Jabbi
Voelkel

Coach: Lonergan

My own snubs are Dan DiLiegro (UNH) and Brendan Bald (UVM). Even with DiLiegro's rebounding, at less than 9ppg, I'm not sure who he knocks out. Bald doesn't do too much more than shoot 3s, but he's put up some impressive numbers during conference play and his team won the regular season title.

I only have one UVM player on the first 3 teams, so I'm guessing I'll be wrong there. But other than possibly Bald, their team just doesn't have many great individual performers outside of Fjeld. Maybe Voelkel sneaks on the 3rd team if voters want to get some more Catamounts in there.

I think Devlin has a 25%-30% chance of stealing ROY. Lonergan will likely win COY, but Brown should get some consideration. Team was picked 8th, but finished in a tie for 3rd. I think Holland has a decent chance of picking up an All-Defense team spot instead of Voelkel, too.

February 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home