Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Magee's playing career over

Siena senior Cory Magee has been a declared a medical exception as a result of the post-concussion syndrome which caused him to miss all of last season according to a release from Siena College this afternoon.

Magee will remain with the team as a student assistant coach.

"Although I'm obviously disappointed that my Siena playing career is over, I'm extremely happy to be give the opportunity by the College to serve as student assistant coach," Magee said. I'm not sure if coaching is in my future, but it will be a great learning experience and I am looking forward to a fresh start. The toughest part of last was that I did not know what the future would hold. Now, I have a clear understanding of what my role will be."

Unfortunately, this couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.

Cory, who is from Fairport, which is just out side of Rochester, was always happy to talk with the media, and always had a smile on his face, even last year while he was going through this difficult time.

"Cory has made tremendous contributions to our program since his arrival and he will continue to do so," Siena coach Fran McCaffery said. "He played a huge role on the court in his first two seasons with the team, but more important, he is one of the finest young me I have ever coached. He has an extremely bright future and I look forward to working with him in this critical new role."

Magee (left) is seen below celebrating the team's 2008 NCAA Tournament victory over Vanderbilt.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home