Friday, March 13, 2009

Saints play Bracketologists

LOUDONVILLE - The Siena Saints must wait until Sunday to find out where they will head for the NCAA Tournament, but before Friday's practice I gave a chance to let them sound off about where they'd like to be.

“I would like to play in Philly,” junior point guard Ronald Moore said. “If not Philly, somewhere warm.”

Moore is from just outside the Philadelphia area and is just one of the many Siena ties to the city of Brotherly Love.

“I’d be so happy for Ronald Moore and Clarence Jackson in particular, but all of our guys who live close to Philly,” Siena coach Fran McCaffery said. “But I think more importantly for our fans and our students. If you get an NCAA site that’s in driving distance, everyone goes. If we’re in Boise, we’ll have a substantial amount of people, but it won’t be as many.”

It would be a big crowd, one that Moore would enjoy, but have a tough time dealing with ticket requests.

“I think I would just shut off my phone,” Moore said.

McCaffery said the ticket requests wouldn't be a problem.

“It won’t be a problem,” said McCaffery, who said he would turn the duties over to his brother Jack. “I’ll have a limited number that I’ll take care of who I can.”

While Philadelphia would be nice, some of the other Saints wanted to go further south.

“I can’t lie, Miami would be great, get back to Florida,” sophomore Ryan Rossiter said.

Regardless of where they play, the Saints feel they deserve a better seed than last year's 13.

“Absolutely,” McCaffery said.

“Our RPI this year is Top 30, our strength of schedule, out of conference is one or two, we have 26 wins and we’re not afraid to play anyone, anywhere,” Rossiter said. “I think that should be taken into consideration, but it’s not up to us, so whatever the committee feels is right, I’m okay with.”

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home