Sunday, March 8, 2009

UAlbany's season ends in semis

It was definitely interesting covering UAlbany this season. 

They had a lot of ups and downs and were like a different team at home where they were 10-4. 

UAlbany coach Will Brown had a somewhat difficult time taking about his seniors after the game because they won't be suiting up for him again. 

It shows you that when they aren't playing basketball, they are still very close because they are all teammates. 

"I got calls yesterday from Jamar Wilson, who's over in Belgium, Jason Siggers from Switzerland, Brent Wilson drove up today, Brian Lillis sends me a nice text, 'Tell the seniors not to choke today,' because that's the relationship he has with those guys," said Brown following the game. 

With that being said, I'll post a quote here from both Brian Connelly and Jimmie Covington. 

"When I came here I was a kid," Connelly said. "I got to play basketball and that was the only thing going on in my life. Now, that chapter is closed and I've got to move on."

"It hurts," Covington said. "I've been here for four years and this is like my family."

Junior Will Harris was asked what he wants to do next season. 

"I feel like I have to have a better season next year," Harris responded.

Harris was then asked in what way could he get better. 

"In every way, making it to the championship," Harris said. "It's about winning games and winning championships and that's what I look forward to doing next year."

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home