Friday, April 25, 2008

Siena's Parade through Albany

I was lucky enough to be invited on the Aqua Duck by Siena Sports Information Director Jason Rich.

I'll have plenty more on the ride in a little bit and there will be more in tomorrow's paper, but you can start by looking as some of the pictures from the team's trip here.

http://sienasaints.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042508aab.html#

Update: Here's a little from Siena coach Fran McCaffery on all of the rumors that swirled regarding his name and coaching vacancies.

"My thoughts from the beginning were to be the coach at Siena," McCaffery said. "I have a contract, I plan on honoring it, but most importantly I love this team and that's the only thing that really matters to me right now."

Various internet sites and newspapers linked McCaffery to Providence, UMass and Stanford, and if there were anymore, I didn't see them. McCaffery said he wasn't caught up in what other people were saying.

"I don't concern myself with what's on the internet because the people that need to know what's going on, know," McCaffery said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Norman Rose said...

Maybe next year, Fran. There will be jobs open... like St. John's.

McCaffrey is a fine coach.

-Pico

May 13, 2008 at 3:18 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home