Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nomadic Danes travel to Yale

I received my media pass for UAlbany's first home football game (Oct. 9 vs. St. Francis) this afternoon from the UAlbany Athletics department .

That must mean football is on the way.

Okay, I'm joking. Obviously, the Great Danes 2010 season is already underway.

I probably have mentioned this already, but it bears repeating that UAlbany is the only FBS or FCS team that doesn't have a home game in the month of September. They are probably the only team in the country, including Division II and III, but that's not verified.

Anyway, the Great Danes are trying to stop a two-game slide that has them thinking the 3-0 season-opening victory over Maine was so long ago it was last season.

On a negative note, freshman running back Tramaine Wilson will not travel for the second straight week. Coach Bob Ford said it's a personal issue and he's again hoping he'll be there next week for the home opener.

I had a chance to talk to senior Ross Bertrand, who is the only player from the state of Connecticut about playing Yale.

"I know it has great history behind it, but I've never been there," said the Stamford, Conn., native.

Bertrand says he'll have at least 25-30 people coming to the game.

Look for our game preview online and in print on Saturday.

Below senior defensive end Mike Kelly talks about the Yale game. I've been told he is a theater minor, so he should be a natural on camera.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home