Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Duell will play...Moore finally honored

Siena senior co-captain Josh Duell still has a large bruise on his left calf, but he seemed optimistic at the very least that he will play in this weekend's Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament. 

"If my legs not getting cut off, I'm going to play," Duell said. 

Duell's basketball career is winding down and I can't see the Scotia native not getting out on the floor for his last few games. 

"I think Josh is going to play," Siena coach Fran McCaffery said. "I'm fairly certain. The question is how effective he'll be."

Duell said he's getting better every day, but wouldn't practice Tuesday and may not on Wednesday. 
______________

I got a chance to ask junior point guard Ronald Moore what he thought about being named to the MAAC All-Conference Second Team. 

"It's definitely a great accomplishment for me to make the Second Team," Moore said. "Also having Edwin (Ubiles) and Kenny (Hasbrouck) being on the First Team it says a lot about our team. We have a lot of weapons and a lot of great players."

Despite being nominated for the Bob Cousy Award earlier this season, an award for the nation's top point guard, Moore hadn't been recognized in his first two years by the MAAC. 

I also had a chance to ask Moore about teammate Ryan Rossiter, who was the only starter on the Saints that was not named to a an all-conference team.  

"Ryan's not worried about it at all," Moore said. "He definitely wants to win the championship more than anything and that's how I looked my first two years as well."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home