Saturday, November 29, 2008

UAlbany wins fourth in a row

The Great Danes keep winning and it was an impressive victory at that in their 73-63 defeat of Penn.

UAlbany coach Will Brown compared the Quakers to conference foe Hartford, but said they were bigger up front.

“If you don’t communicate on both ends of the floor against a team like Penn, you’re going to get beat,” Brown said.

If the Great Danes continue to mature and come together, they could be a dangerous team come America East play.

UAlbany put four in double figures tonight and Tim Ambrose scored 19 points, while freshman Anthony Raffa scored a career-high 22.

“I kind of let the game come to me,” said Raffa, who also said the Coach Brown told him to shoot it if he was open.

While the Great Danes have won four in a row, they have beaten Bryant and Columbia, two teams not thought very highly of.

“My whole concern is I want to see growth, I want to see maturity,” Brown said.

UAlbany gets Bryant again on Monday and playing at home, have a very good chance to improve their winning streak to five.

“With Bryant, we know they’re going to play all zone offense, so we’ll fine-tune some zone offense tomorrow,” Brown said. “Defensively, it’s another opportunity to play and get better and play at home. I thought we had a good crowd today.”

Brown said Sunday's practice will be more mental, with only one day between games.

“These guys know in short turnarounds, I take care of them,” Brown said. “I told them in the locker room that I need you mentally tomorrow.”

While UAlbany is very talented, I didn't think we reach the Siena/UAlbany game on Dec. 6 with the Great Danes having a better record than the Saints.

“I think this group collectively can do some really special things,” Brown said.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home