Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rob Poole struggling for Siena

J.S. Carras/The Record
ALBANY - Rob Poole has struggled mightily the past two games for Siena.

The sophomore guard, who seemed to be a rising star in the league, has now scored three points total in the past two games.

“I think in the second half of the conference (schedule), they have him pretty well scouted now," said Siena coach Mitch Buonaguro.

The Saints did try to run some things for Poole, but it didn't work as he finished 0-2 from the floor and sat out for nearly the game's final 14 minutes, along with senior O.D. Anosike.

“I just have to be more aggressive I think," he said, following the 80-57 loss to Loyola (Md.), in the locker room.

Poole noticed that teams were guarding him differently when the Saints made the Buffalo trip, back in mid-January.

“I need to expand my game, get stronger, I guess and just try to get better," he said. 

Poole is still a very solid player, as evidenced by opposing coach Jimmy Patsos' postgame comments.

“Poole's a really good player, but Bobby (Robert Olson) did a great job defending him," said Patsos. 

Olson scored 20 points and knocked down four 3-pointers and is one of the top veteran guards in the league, which is one day where Poole could be.

“Our Bobby Olson is Poole," said Patsos. 

When Poole was told of the comparison, he seemed to appreciate it. 

“I'll be honest, I hate playing against him," Poole said. "But he's a good player.”

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home