Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Siena suspends Brookins, Burdine

LOUDONVILLE - This wasn't the news that coach Mitch Buonaguro wanted to be delivering three days prior to the season-opener against Vermont.

Buonaguro said that the team has suspended red-shirt sophomores Trenity Burdine and Rakeem Brookins for the first three games of the 2012-13 season.

Both players will miss Friday evening's opener and also miss Sunday's game at Navy and the first game at the NUCDF Basketball Challenge in San Diego.

"I appreciate that both Rakeem and Trenity have taken responsibility for their actions and have responded in a positive way," said Siena Director of Athletics John D'Argenio.

Both Burdine and Brookins were sidelined last year due to injury and this will delay their return to the lineup a little longer. 

"I'm disappointed in my actions, and fully support the department's decision," Brookins said. "I'm looking forward to a great season, and can't wait to get back on the court and help my teammates compete for a MAAC Championship."

Burdine saw action in all 31 games as a freshman in the 2010-11 season, including three starts for the Saints.

"This obviously isn't the way I wanted to being the year, but I understand and agree with the decision that was made," he said.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home