Tuesday, October 4, 2011

RPI, Union, UAlbany football teams turn it around

Since I wrote about the local college football teams struggling, over on 1045theteam.com, Union, RPI and the University at Albany are a combined 5-1.

I did mention that was time for a turnaround, but even I'm shocked at how fast these teams have turned the corner.

I was at RPI's come-from-behind victory over Rochester on Saturday.

Man, it was cold, but the Engineers overcame an 11-point deficit to post a 28-24 victory.

UAlbany has won two in a row, including their conference opener, at St. Francis (Pa.).

The team I'm most surprised about is Union. When I wrote the above blog, the Dutchmen were 0-3.

Since then, they are 2-0 and on top of the Liberty League.

Union has a huge matchup, with Hobart this Saturday, at Frank Bailey Field.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home