Saturday, November 13, 2010

Kyle Downey injury update

I should have posted this Thursday when I saw Siena junior Kyle Downey before practice.

Downey landed on Davis Martens during practice last week and in his explanation, did a cartwheel trying to avoid landing on Martens, then didn't know where he was and when his foot planted, his knee bent to hit the floor.

"It wasn't even like a real injury," Downey said. "There was nothing I could do to prevent it."

It's a a partial tear of the MCL in his knee, which is expected to sideline him for three weeks.

"Hopefully I can cut it down," Downey said.

Downey said what's frustrating is he can run and jog with no pain, but he has to be cautious because it could tear if the MCL is stretched again.

"It sucks because I feel like I could be other there right now," Downey said. "My knee is just not stable."

It's another weird injury for Downey, who broke his foot in the middle of his sophomore season and deal with a back injury the summer after his freshman year.

"I don't think of myself as being injury prone," he said. "It's just a string of bad luck."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home