Saturday, July 10, 2010

Holle headed to Phoenix

I had a chance to speak with CBA grad Greg Holle this afternoon for a feature in our Sunday paper.

Holle was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in June's draft and just signed with the club on Friday.

Holle will forgo his senior season at TCU and head off to Phoenix on Monday for a physical and to pitch a few times with their Arizona League rookie club.

"It's a little bittersweet because I had so much fun at TCU and the stuff that we accomplished," he said. "It couldn't have been a better experience. It's just time to move on, time to start a pro career. I'm going to give it my all and see where it takes me."

He told me that he is excited to get going with his career, but at the same time a little nervous for the unknown.

"It's a little nerve-racking," he said. "It's time to do it. I'm ready to get started. I'm ready for that challenge and I'm going to give it my all and go out and compete like a son of a gun."

Holle's father Gary also came up in the Milwaukee organization, before breaking into the big leagues with the Texas Rangers.

After going to Arizona, Holle will likely join the Helena Brewers (Pioneer League) or the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Mid West League) at Milwaukee's Class A level.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home