Friday, January 29, 2010

Ubiles doubtful for Marist

LOUDONVILLE - Siena senior Edwin Ubiles said he is a game-time decision for tomorrow's game against Marist.

Ubiles has missed the last two games with a shoulder injury and hasn't practiced in a week.

"If I don't play tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'll be back for the next game after that," Ubiles said.

The next game for Siena is the Gold Rush night on Friday, Feb. 5 versus Iona.

While the Poughkeepsie native would like to return for the Marist game, he has also thought about how sitting out would give him another six days to recover.

"I've thought about that and maybe I should sit this one out, but I am going back to my hometown," Ubiles said. "A lot of people are looking forward to seeing me play. I'm not going to force anything, but I'm going to see how it feels."

Ubiles has missed three of the last four games, first with back spasms and now suffering with a shoulder injury.

"It's a little frustrating," he said. "Nobody wants to miss any games. I'd love to be out there to give my team a better chance at winning the game as well. If we lose a game, it's not going to be fun knowing that if I was out there, there would have been a different feel to the game. Fortunately, we're still winning and keeping positive. I'm just glad to see these guys keeping it up without me."

The only game Ubiles has played of the last four was when he hit the big 3-pointer to ice the narrow victory over Loyola (Md.).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home