Thursday, August 28, 2008

UAlbany adds Will Harris

So much for the worst kept secret of the last month.

Today, Will Harris, a Virginia transfer officially is a Great Dane.

I saw Will in the parking lot with Jimmie Covington as I was arriving this evening to talk to the football players.

Here's what UAlbany coach Will Brown said about adding Harris....

“We are very excited to add Will Harris to our program,” Brown said. “Will brings ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) experience to our program and he is a former top 100 player nationally coming out of high school. We expect him to be a major impact player in our conference, as he will be a matchup problem with his ability to play multiple positions. More importantly, Will is an outstanding individual who has enjoyed success in the classroom and on the court.”

Harris also spent time at Redemption Christian Academy in Troy.

I'll know I said I'd have more on this later last week, when Al Turley announced he was leaving, but now that it's official I will have more tonight after I write my UAlbany football story.

Also, for those of you out there who will be attending the game on Saturday at UMass, it will be my first UAlbany football game. Needless to say, I'm excited, especially since the Minutemen are ranked No. 5 in the country.

Let me know what to expect and who will have the best tailgate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home