Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tests and Text Messages

Sometimes it's hard to remember that college athletes are in fact, student-athletes, but Siena junior forward Josh Duell made it quite clear on Wednesday afternoon.

Duell said he had a Roman Civilization test at 8 a.m. on the day of the MAAC championship game and he has his statistics test on Friday.

I'm sure Jason Thompson matches right up there with some of the stronger Romans in history.

“I think I did all right,” said Duell, who said he had completely forgotten about the test by gametime. “I woke up at 7 o’clock in the morning and went to the library to start studying for that test on championship day, so I was exhausted by that night.”

There is a story on Duell's history of participating in the NCAA Tournament in Friday's edition of The Record.

After the Saints won the championship game and clinched their spot amongst the field of 65, the had another competition - this time it was to see who had the most fans.

“We were having competitions to see who got the most text messages and calls,” sophomore Alex Franklin said. “I think Ron (point guard Ronald Moore) had 21. He beat us all.”

“Ronald had about 26, I had about 22, he had me,” junior Kenny Hasbrouck said. “I had him with voicemails though.”

The fun and games can continue for a little while at least, while the team gets back to full-strength after three games in three days, but they have to balance that with focus and preparation for what undoubtedly will be the toughest game of the season next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home