Friday, March 7, 2008

Halfway Home and Wearing Down

This is my first MAAC Tournament and therefore my first day of covering six games. We're through three and a half games and I have to admit that I'm starting to slow.

We still have to more men's games and currently the score at halftime is Manhattan 29, Saint Peter's 23 in the No. 4/5 matchup and the final women's game of the day. I'll continue to update you on the status of the remaining games.

6:57: In the final women's game of the day, Lauma Reke knocked down a three-pointer with five seconds to go to give the Saint Peter's Peahens a 68-65 victory and advance them into tomorrow's semifinal to take on Marist.

It's the first time in the tournament's six games that the higher seed (worse record) has won.

8:25: Halftime of the first men's game and it's Manhattan 33, Saint Peter's 24.

10:25: Manhattan won 73-59 over Saint Peter's and will take on Siena tomorrow at 4:30.

I'll have more on Manhattan coach Barry Rohrssen's thoughts on Saturday's matchup later.

Right now, it's 13-11 Iona in the sixth and final game of the day.

11:28: If you're still with me I commend you. The score with 13:05 to go in the game is Iona 42, Canisius 35. Milan Prodanovic has 14 for the Gaels and Bob Bevilacqua has 14 for the Golden Griffins.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

January 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home